I’m so backed up on things I wanted to say (again) I’ll just do another set of bullets.
- We’ll be in New York City in early November. I’m going to Ad Tech and Dena is coming along. Hopefully we’ll have time for some fun touristy stuff and lots of picture-taking.
- I discovered memcached last week while doing performance tuning. It was originally developed to help speed things up on LiveJournal. It’s especially useful in that it runs as a daemon and can be accessed from multiple machines and a variety of languages. If you’re looking for a way to boost performance, check it out.
- National Novel Writing Month is approaching. I signed up again this year. It’s been far too long since I wrote some fiction so I’m going to use this as an exercise in motivation and scheduling.
- Dena finally convinced me that I really do need to wear my glasses. I’d managed to convince myself that I could still make out enough of the fuzzy shapes to get by but a bought with a sinus infection made me realize that the strain that was putting on my eyes wasn’t helping. Thanks, dear!
- Work is still kicking my ass. This migration is eating up way more hours than I ever put in at any real job, but at least I have a vested interest this time.