I took a week or so off of iPod work to take care of other pressing issues. Now that things are finally settling down, I sat down to finish what I started, namely, support for the iPod name in Rhythmbox.
Nothing fancy. It reads the DeviceName off of the iPod and sets it as the name of the iPod in the sources list. This officially becomes my first patch to Rhythmbox. Wee, I’m so excited. I have more iPod-related work I want to do, including:
Make iPod name editable
Drag and drop files to the iPod
Syncronize the iPod
Whatever else sounds like a good idea
It’s a start. I wanted to start with a small change, so that I could get comfortable with the internals of Rhythmbox. I’m feeling pretty good about it now. It’s going to be a happy day when I plug in my iPod and sync with my music library with Rhythmbox.